Click images for larger size.
1. Cover drawn by Raema Grieve
3. Talking with Dave de Hugard pp. 3-4
5. About Reading Music R.Pride
6. The Concertina by Frank O'Gallagher
7. Larrikin Records Catalogue Checklist
8. Collecting Folk Songs by John Meredith, Part 2, pp.8-9
9. Record Review - Traditional Australian Bush Ballads sung by the Reedy River Bushmen D.J (Dave Johnson)
10. Club News. Overheard backstage at the Opera House, while the Reedy River Bushmen were rehearsing Waltzing Matilda : "What's ethnic about that?"New Record releases (see next issue for reviews) - Steam Shuttle -A modern interpretation of Australian Folk Songs & Phyl Lobl - On My Selection
11. Billboard -
12. Calendar Notes
The Bush Music Club was founded in 1954 to collect, publish and popularise Australia’s traditional songs, dances, music, yarns, recitations and folklore and to encourage the composition of a new kind of song - one that was traditional in style but contemporary in theme.
Articles © Bush Music Club Inc unless stated otherwise, photographs © individual photographer.
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER SIZE .
Saturday, 1 October 1977
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)