Click images for larger size.
1. Cover drawn by Raema Grieve
2. Editorial - Australian dress - Flash Coves
3. Talking with Edgar J. Penzig, Playwright, Poet, Actor, Historical Researcher and Co-Proprietor of Bushranging Re-enactments Pty Ltd. pp.3-4 & 6.
5. A Music Lesson - More on Rythm R.Pride.
6. Talking with Edgar J, Penzig
7. First Colonial Subscription ball - 4 pages. Leaflet created by Raema Grieve
11. Historical Background to the Ball by Rose Pride. p.7
12. Bush band (D.J. Dave Johnson). Bush Christening of Tritton Hall (D.J.) Singabout. Carcoar Bush Music Festival report, Anzac Day weekend Dance practices (P.B.)
13. Bush Music Workshops . Singabout 29th July, Woolshed Dance each month - Balmain Town Hall, Sat June 10: Reedy River Bushmen, July 1: Rouseabouts
14. Larrikin Records. Catalogue Checklist
15. Bill Board
16. Calendar Notes. Theme Nights
The Bush Music Club was founded in 1954 to collect, publish and popularise Australia’s traditional songs, dances, music, yarns, recitations and folklore and to encourage the composition of a new kind of song - one that was traditional in style but contemporary in theme.
Articles © Bush Music Club Inc unless stated otherwise, photographs © individual photographer.
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER SIZE .
Thursday, 1 June 1978
From the Archives - Mulga Wire no.7, June 1978 - complete.
Labels: Balls, Mulga Wire, Raema Grieve
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment