3 images from "P" series of photos mounted by Bob Bolton at unknown date. Photographer unknown
1. P04, caption says 1960, but the same boy is in the 1959 photos. Concert Party left to right, Duke Tritton, Lorna Lovell (lagerphone), Peter Francis (spoons), Jack Barrie (bush bass), Gay Scott (bones), John Meredith (accordion), Jamie Carlin (concertina) (BMC Archives)
3. Caption on original - Man in hat, hands in pocket is Ernie ('Son') James. (REFER: Folksongs of Australia, vol.2, pp.215-219) (BMC Archives)
2. Bullock Team, Gulgong Carnival - 27/1/68, supplied by Lysle Lomax (BMC Archives)
3. Section of crowd, Gulgong Carnival 27/1/68, supplied by Lysle Lomax (BMC Archives)
4. Letter from Lysle Lomax, President Australian National Gold Panners Association, Tuena, 25/2/68.
5. Sketch attached to Lysle Lomax's letter regarding suggested photograph of BMC players.
7. 2nd page of leaflet - Rules for running gold panning competitions
9. 4th page of leaflet - Tuena Gold Rush, Easter Sat 13 Ap, Bullocks, Panning, Gold Dirt, Bush Music, Ball, Beards, Photo comp
Centenary Celebrations Friday, 10th April to Sunday, 19th April 1970
1. AN INVITATION to live again the story of The Roaring Days. A prospector's guide to the Golden Days and Nights in the Town on the Ten Dollar Note. Goldmines - Gold Panning - Cobb & Co Coach - Centenary Procession - Moonlight Shanty Town Diggings - Bullock Waggon - Bush Music Club - Street Corner Recitals - Pioneers' Museum - Prince of Wales Opera House - Historic Train - Bushrangers - Corroboree - Gold Diggers & Pioneers Display - Guns, Lapidary Club - Bands - Marching Girls - Beard Mob - Centenary Ball - Art Exhibition - Pavement Painting - Puppet Show - 1970 Costumes - Centenary Queen pageant - Reunion - Ecumenical Service.
2. Programme, Friday to Wednesday
3. Shire President's Message
6. January 1970 newsletter, p.1 ... Centenary Celebrations at Gulgong , April 17-18th when we shall have a chance to meet old friends again. (I hope Elaine Norris has now regained full strength and energy and is urging on the organisation.)
7. March 1970 newsletter. p.1 ... Elaine Norris' letter reports a hive of activity in Gulgong involving Shanty Town Diggings, a Cobb & Co. coach, Vintage trains and of course Bush Music. If you are going to Gulgong don't forget your winter woollies as it is cold at night now.
April -September newsletters have not survived so we don't have a report on this weekend.