Click images for larger size.
The first Newsletter was published in October 1955, & the last newsletter/calendar was apparently issued in January 1977, & the January 1978 Calendar was also issued with Mulga Wire.
Our holding are not complete, missing issues will be added as found
Foolscap pages have been scanned as 2 images.
1(1) October 1955
1.BMC is a year old this month. Bushwhacker Broadsides. New Singing groups. Songs from the Kelly County
2. Songs from the Kelly County (cont) Friday night workshops. Singabout it's on the way! "Singabout" Findatune Competition for It's lovely down the pit, lad by Mick Lawson
3. Lyrics to It's lovely down the pit, lad by Mick Lawson
1(2) December 1955
1. Seasons greetings. The first Singabout Night (review.) Singabout night no. 2, Sat 11th February. New Club nights ... New Address ... Holiday recess
2. Bus picnic - mystery beach. At last! Fair dinkum Australian recordings Wattle. First Annual Conference & General Meeting, 12th February
3. Singers and Instrumentalists wanted for choirs and folk groups - The Rouseabouts, The Sydney People's Choir, The West Sydney Singers.
3(1), June 1957
1. An event of national importance? (report on Conference 9th February), Songs from Lawson, Singabout Nights - 9th June, 5th October, 7th December. Singabout 2(1) is now available
2. Be in it! Concert Party is ready for engagements. Waratah festival. Workshop night July 12th. Membership is over 100.
2. AGM 20th January. Singabout expected to be released that night. Singabout Night 10th January. Raffle with prizes, 1. Violin, 2. Banjo, 3. Lagerphone, 4. Bones. Folk Music from many lands, 14th February
The Bush Music Club was founded in 1954 to collect, publish and popularise Australia’s traditional songs, dances, music, yarns, recitations and folklore and to encourage the composition of a new kind of song - one that was traditional in style but contemporary in theme.
Articles © Bush Music Club Inc unless stated otherwise, photographs © individual photographer.
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER SIZE .
Friday, 29 May 2020
From the Archives - Bush Music Club Newsletter - 1950s
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment