Click images for larger size.
1. Poster - Two evening Concerts, Folk Dancing, Singabouts, Workshops on local & international folk music, Folklore and craft. Weekend tickets available from Mitchells, Wynard Arcade, & David Jones. For further information write to the Secretary, 2nd Port Jackson Folk Festival, New South wales Folk Federation, Box 136, Post Office, Punchbowl 2196 NSW (ph. 533-3146)
2. Program - Second Port Jackson Folk Festival. Programms P.J.F.F. january - '73. Map of Sydney Uni
3. Welcome message ... Since our inception, two years ago, we have increased our membership to nearly 700 and we have attracted active affiliation from over fifteen folk music societies ... Committee list
4. Ads - The Seventh Annual Folk Music Festival, Melbourne Easter 1973. Balmain Volunteer wine bar & restaurant. Nariel Creek Folk Festival. Child minding centre in the festival. Festival Food. Sydney University Folk Music Society. PACT Folk.
5. NSW Folk Federation Affiliated clubs 1973. N.S.W. Folk Federation Library of recorded folk music Macquarie University Library. Tradition - Australia's Folk Lore/Music magazine. Ron Edwards Rams Skull Press, Qld
6. Workshops - Australia's Bawdy Humour (Brad Tate, Newcastle), Presentation of Folk Music (Mike Evans, Sydney), Bluegrass music (Bill Moynihan & Brian Egan, Sydney), Folk songs for a laugh (Noel Raynes, Wagga Wagga & Bart Gannon, Forbes), Four aspects of Australian Folk Music (Bush Music Club), British folk ballads (Assoc Professor Bernard Martin, Sydney), Singing styles of traditional singers (Peter Parkhill, Melbourne), Symbolism in British folksong (Robin Connaughton, Sydney),
7. Workshops - 17th Century music & instruments (Winsome Evans, Sydney), The life of Henry Lawson (Bruce Cawthorne & friends, Sydney), Blues Influence on Rock Music (Terry Hannaghan, Sydney), Witches, werewolves and whatnots (Peter Phelps & Graham Seal , Sydney), Folk films (Cliff Atkinson, Sydney), North country songs (Cliff Atkinson & Eric Davies, Sydney), Contemporary folk songs (Graham Turner, Bathurst), Current Australian folklore (Warren Fahey), Jug Band (Andy George), Blues (Ian Young), Sing all Ye's, International folk music, Songwriting competition.
8. photos from BMC & other events Jim Buchanan (Vic Folk Music Club on lagerphone,)
9. top - John Meredith, Ken Greenhalgh, Declan Affley, Alex Bowker. Jamie Carlin with concertinas
11. Concerts - Saturday, Newton - Bernard Bolan, Mick Flanaghan & The Ceiledh Band, "White Nelly", Bush Music Club & The Woolshed Dancers, "Crystalize", East Neasdon Spasm Band, John Cubbie, "The Shanty Singers"
Sunday - Alwyn Lloyd of Nariel Creek, Denis Kevans, Gary Tooth, Phyl Lobl & friends, "The Monaro Boys", Noel Raynes, David de Hugard, Jacko Kevans & friends.
12. New South Wales Folk Federation membership, EMI - New Albums.
13.The Inner Man - Tucker and waterholes for the inner man. Ad - Carina Records. Australian Broadcasting Commission programs. List of Associated organisations.
Post a Comment