|861012-07 - Southern Cross on temporary stage, east |
side of Hut 44, Sunday afternoon concert (Bob Bolton photo)
Early Members Reunion - Bill Scott, Frank Maher, Jack Wright, Jamie Carlin, Janet Wakefield, Alex Bowker, Rex Whalan, Barbara Gibbons, Alan Scot, Bill Berry (Bob Bolton photo)
2. Welcome to our 10th Festival and 8th consecutive Annual Bush Music Festival. Folklorist Bill Scott from Brisbane will officially open the Festival.
3. Programme index -
4. Ticket Prices
5. Festival facilities - Information Enquiry Tent, Accommodation, Food Glorious Food, BMC Shop. Other
6. Setting the scene - Concerts, Workshops, Singalong, Dances, Song, Tune & Verse Competitions, Dance Writing competition.
7. Kids, Special Events - Reunion & Book Launch. Raffle.
8. concerts - Vince Brophy & Tony McGloin, Concert Party, Margaret Walters, Southern Cross, Margaret Bradford, Aussie Too, Flying Wombats, Selectors, Sonia Bennett & Chris Kempster, Big City, Hard Yakka, Allen Foster, Verse, Song & Dance Awards, Sticky's Mob
9. Sunday night concert - MC Margaret Walters , Alan Scott, Sonia Bennett & Chris Kempster, John Dengate, Denis Kevans, John Broomhall, Skewiff.
10. Programme grid
11. Programme grid
12. Folklore, workshops Saturday - Alan Scott The fuzzy edge of folk, Nancy Keesing Domestic folk. Sunday - Bill Scott Strange Storis, John Broomhall The living tradition of Australian folk song. Vaughan Evans - Inland sailors. Dance Alan Phillips.
13. workshops cont - Dance - Nell Challingsworth, Shirley Andrews, Sydney Colonial Dancers. Music - Saturday - Free reed clinic Malcolm Clapp, Beginners Steve Lockwood, Fiddle Mark Singer. Sunday Sound mixing Terry Goodhew.
14. Singalongs - Friday night Dave Johnson. Dances - Friday night Sticky's Bush Band, Saturday night Musketeers Bush Band, Rafferys Rule, The Big City Bush Band. Song, tune & dance competitions judging.
15. Kids - craft, games, storytelling, face painting, Brian McDonald & the Bushrangers, Big City Circus, Damper bake.
16. Bush Dances - Beecroft (Sydney Coves, Ryebuck) & Glebe (Selectors, Southern Cross) November & December
17. reunion & Book Launch - Lance Green's Bush Dance Instructions
18. Membership form
19. about BMC. Regular events - Beecroft & Glebe bush dances, Folkus nights, Monday night dance workshops. Friday night workshops, Carols without slushlamps and Christmas party.
22. Mulga Wire 56, Aug 1986, p.9 Ad for the festival
23. Mulga Wire, no.56, August 1986, p.10 Ad for festival
24. Mulga Wire, no.56, August 1986, p.14 ad for festival.
23. Mulga Wire, no.58, Dec 1986, p.3 Report on the festival.
24. Mulga Wire, no. 58, Dec 1986, p.10. Prize winners in Festival competitions.
25. Mulga Wire, no.60, Apr 1987. AGM Report
27. Mock up of poster
28. back of mock-up