Click images for larger size.
2. Welcome & Acknowledgments
3. Programme index, tickets
4. Programme Evening Singabout, Big Bush Dance & Sheep Roast, Sunday night concert.
5. Kid's Activities - Races & Colonial games, Koala Bears picnic, Face painting, workshops, Colonial costume parade, Young folk concert & bush dance.
6. Services, Information tent, Raffles, Accommodation, Tucker, Sessions.
7. BMC Shop, Exhibitions & displays - Society for growing Native Plants, Wilderness Society, Australian Native Dog Training Society, Citizens for Democracy, 1788-1820 Association, National Parks & Wildlife Foundation, Bush Music Club photo display. Films & videos, film Duke Tritton (1963), Videos from 4 corners, Mike Walsh show, Country Wide, Weekend Magazine. EMU RACE - First Emu race in Sydney since 1874. keep dogs away
8. Competitions - Song, tune & verse writing competitions. Dance writing competition. Reunion & book launch - Learn to talk Jack Lang, by John Meredith launched by John Dengate.
9. ad for Larrikin
10. workshops - Looking Back by John Meredith, Temper democratic, bias offensively Australian by Alan Scott, The beginners music workshop by Bob Buckley.
11. workshops - The rise & fall of the Australian legend by Bill Wannan. Collections of Traditional Australian Music by Chris Sullivan & Mark Rummery. Music is everywhere under the sun - Colonial two-step (Kathy & Bill Worsfold) have been performing as a mini-bush band for all age groups in and around Sydney for some time.
12. Programme grid
13. photos - John Dengate, Keith McKenry, Penny Davis & Roget Illot, Dave de Hugard.
14. More workshops - From bicycle to wireless - the golden age of popular verse by Keith McKenry. Australiana by Brad Tate. Ads - Richard Evans concertinas. Parramatta Foundation Week, Nov 3rd.
15. and more workshops - The Tritton family - recollections of the Depression by Linda McLean. Concertina Workshop - Richard Evans & Malcolm Clapp. Ad - Henry Lawson Bookshop.
16. Dance workshops - Traditional Dances collected in the field by Shirley Andrews & John Meredith. Living History by Nell Challingsworth. Ad for Folkways
17. ad - Royal Oak Inn
18. Old Sydney Town in conjunction with NSW Folk Federation presents in concert Sirroco, Phaedra, Ted Egan, Ray Kelly, John Dengate. MC Keith McKenry.
19. Bush dances Beecroft November Southern Cross, December Captain's Whiskers. Glebe - Ryebuck & Wallaby Stew.
Ads - Matilda Prints Art Rentals. Parramatta Produce Co Pty Ltd.
20. Membership form
21. Membership form - back
22. Information about BMC activities
24. Three-fold leaflet -
26. Big Bush Dance & Sheep Roast ticket
27. Poster in the Hut behind the cupboard above the fridge
28. Poster in the Hut behind the cupboard above the fridge
29. Mulga Wire no.43, June 1984, p.5, poster
30. Mulga Wire, no. 44, August 1984, p.6.
31. Mulga Wire, no. 44, August 1984, p.7. Helpers needed
32. Mulga Wire, no.44, August 1984, p.10. The Reunion and Book Launching of 3 books - A history of the Club's first 30 years, John Meredith's Learn to Talk Old Jack Lang, & Bob Bolton's Singabout Reprints.
33. Mulga Wire, no.45, October 1984, cover
34. Mulga Wire, no.45, October 1984, p. 4. Bush Music Club souvenirs - teaspoon, key ring, Club badge, t-shirts,
35. Mulga Wire, no.45, October 1984, p. 5. Ticket information
37. Mulga Wire, no.45, October 1984. Toilet Block project will be complete before the Festival.
38. Mulga Wire, no.46, December, 1984, Dave de Hugard & Dave Johnson at the Festival.
39. Mulga Wire, no.46, December 1984, p.4. Letters to the Editor by Brad Tate & Janet Wakefield
40. Mulga Wire, no.46, December 1984, p.5 Review by Eric Eisler of the Saturday night dance.
41. Mulga Wire, no.46, December 1984, p.6. report on Song, Tune & Verse writing
42. Mulga Wire, no.46, December 1984, p.7, Winners of Song, Tune & Verse Writing
42. Mulga Wire, no.48, April 1985, p.10. Festival report
The Bush Music Club was founded in 1954 to collect, publish and popularise Australia’s traditional songs, dances, music, yarns, recitations and folklore and to encourage the composition of a new kind of song - one that was traditional in style but contemporary in theme.
Articles © Bush Music Club Inc unless stated otherwise, photographs © individual photographer.
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER SIZE .
Saturday, 25 April 2020
From the Archives - 1984 Bush Music Festival program, posters & other ephemera
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment